Sunday, December 20, 2009

The House That Got Away


We are staying.


When my father and his friend went to mitigate the basement floors of the property, they found that it wasn't precisely as perfect of a house as ol' Greg made us think it was. Thank goodness that we hadn't yet signed the lease.





He says that my room was really the only great part of the house.









(the bright coral walk-in closet which would have been mine...)


That, and the bay window in the study. 





The pool's engine is broken there, which was something my dad said he wouldn't fix, so the pool would've been useless. The German foreign exchange student we are having stay with us in May still would not have her own room. The bathrooms were still tiny. This needs be mentioned: I did not cry big and salty tears when I heard the news.





Now, we just have a few boxes to unpack. And I quite like it here now that I know just how messed up that house was. My rooms are painted white now, but I don't really mind. And I'm still near the Goodwill, and the very convenient bus stop that takes me right to Buffalo Exchange.  I'm just glad I'm living in a warm and clean house, and that we have enough room to have the whole famdamnly over for christmas day. That's actually very exciting, because we've always had to drive to the land of far away for the holiday festivities, and when you have to drive for hours after a christmas eve party, you don't get home until very very late.


In other news...


The artistic going has been--well not exactly tough, but just a little bit frustrating. My camera is taking really fuzzy pictures whenever I attempt to take a picture of new shirts and outfits with no flash. So, it is only natural that I ask for a decent working camera.


Right?


My folks gave me crap about being "completely ungrateful", that's why I asked.  At any rate I hope that my mum gets me my own copy of 500 Days of Summer, which comes out this Tuesday! ...or, finalement, Amelie! ...or some more Polaroid film. But, I'm mostly excited to make fudge and cookies for my fam and play games with my cousins on Christmas eve. That is the absolute best. Only a few days away until Christmas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment