Sunday, December 6, 2009

As promised!

Sunday

(Right now I'm having trouble with my computer, along with a few other things. No photos yet. I'm just plain ashamed of myself. The camera cord is lost yet again, the cherry on top of the ...I'm not going to finish this, it wasn't meant to be a pun, and  I really hate puns... would be that pictures on this desktop now are not loading onto blogger.)

Here are some of my highlights for this weekend:

a) Today I went to see the OBT performance of The Nutcracker in Edmunds. It was very charming! There were two special guests, the (unbelievably skinny) Sayaka Ohtaki, and Guixen Chu, both International Ballet dancers. Oh and News! They are both preparing for the International Ballet Competition. Do male and female dancers compete against one another? They danced together today. If they are going to compete against each other, I wonder what that was like. Chu seemed to really enjoy Ohtaki. Ohtaki is like the many professional ballet dancers I've seen though. Looks very starved, looks very high maintenance. Despite part of the backdrop coming down (I didn't think it was all that funny to be honest, I know your supposed to laugh or think it's funny, but I didn't) it was a great show.
You know what I love? Male russian ballet dancers. This one, he was graceful, but really nervous and goofy looking. I swear it, all russian male ballet dancers are really all the same. He was my favorite part though. Especially his russian-style breakdancing, that was just plain awesome, with all of those kids with little black hats and blue sashes. It was great. I think that Babushka would have laughed a little bit.

b) I spent the night at a friends house and I don't think I've had that much fun In a long time. I know people wouldn't deem this acceptable behavior, but they can just shove it right up their arses. We danced and did a sing-along to every track on the special features menu for Mamma Mia, and it was really fun! We also whipped up a batch of cookie dough. We just ate it. We even played a little RockBand, which was really cool because they have what I would consider really really amazing life-changing wonderful wonderful songs and artists. Nirvana, in a word. We watched the Monk finale. I've seen 5 episodes total, but it was enough to leave me with tears in my eyes. I recommend everybody watch Monk. I promise, It's absolutely worth your time!

c) We found a 1929 fixer-upper (more like cleaner-upper) and it is beautiful. This means many things. First off, we have a pool. A REALLY NICE POOL. Secondly, I have the best room in the house. Window seat, black six paned windows, hard floors that I won't completely ruin with paint and graphite when I work on art projects, and a walk in closet with a window and curtains. Thirdly, I ride a bus to school. Fourthly, I live near this guy I know who lives in  beautiful house and cooks absolutely amazing food and we can actually hang out over the summer and what not, along with a few other friends of mine. Fifth, we hang our stcokings over a fireplace on Christmas. Six, everybody comes over to our house for christmas from now on because it's spacious and really just the nicest. Oh yes and lucky number seven my parental units decided I can have people over on a regular regular basis: no paper thin walls, but lots of privacy, a lot of room. Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment