Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Art Post!

Well I thought this would be appropriate.



I want a yellow rain jacket. Used to have one when I was a kid.

Bare with me on the last post, I was totally tired and deranged and should not have written while I was so sleep deprived.

Yes well while my awful disgusting and very evil 5 megapixel camera refuses to give me any photos, let alone decent ones, of art I have finished over my winter vacation, and I can post pictures of my next subjects.



This will be an acrylic painting. When I finally get the materials I need, what I'll do is take my guitar pick and trace it, and cover the canvas with rows of the outlines of the pick, and then probably trace the outline of the guitar very very lightly, and paint inside the tracings of the picks. This piece is sort of inspired by one that I saw at the MOMA in August when my mother and I were visiting my Uncle on the east coast. I hope that it turns out. I might not start it this break, simply because I have so many other things (most all of my song interpretation pieces and studying for my honors history class) that I need to get done by Sunday evening.



This is the French Horn that I stole from the art room (well, not exactly, the sub said I could take it, but you know.) Isn't it beautiful? Even though it looks like somebody had batting practice with it? I don't know why it's so beat up. But I think it is completely and totally amazing. It will be a drawing. I really massive one, too. Done on some sort of yellowed or off-white paper. I am especially excited to finish this one. This is one of the good ones, so I'm going to take my time to make sure that it's perfect.

And now, I must go draw in the Octopus for my Octopus's Garden drawing. C'est tout!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks so much for your lovely comment! Maybe you could share the pictures when they're finished, that would be very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love singing in the rain! Be sure to share the final product, that french horn is a beauty. I still need to fix up my astronomical mobile sculpture and then figure out what I should do for our next project (inspired by legends or myths or rumors) art class is the best.
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete